Saturday, July 14, 2012

Up, down, back, forth...does it ever end???

That's how my brain feels. Now I should probably explain my mental history a bit before I go on. My childhood, teen years, early adult years were anything but easy or pleasent. Now im not one to blame my drug problems on any of the bullshit ive experienced thru out my life. No one forced the shit up my nose. No I graciously accepted every last grain myself nd mite I add I loved it so much I hated it. Anyways back to my crazy brain. So at the ripe old age of 10 I was raped by my moms then boyfriend. Up until then life was great and full of sparkle. Now as I am 29 and have yet to fully deal with this so forgive me if I dont explain in more detail. The one thing I will say is we lived in a duplex with very thin walls and my sparkling life was dimmed in our basement a mere 2 floors, thin floors I will add, below my ever loving mother and sumhow the woman who can hear everything managed to selectively NOT hear my 10 year old screams nd whales for help and the one person I wanted more then anything in the world at the moment bcz she was posed to protect me, her. Well we all kno the end she never came and several years later when I finally exploaded and told my secret I was of course lying and was just looking for attention. Which ironically is exactly wat im accused of these days. My drug addiction, quest for sobriety, and attempts to get my life in order are all, according to mommy dearest, all immature cries for much needed attention. Funny bcz I would rather have kept this entire situation a secret. Now that was just the first of many fukd up life altering experiences ive had the displeasure of living thru. Most recently my first husband decided the best way to hurt me like I hurt him was to kill his self in a way that I would deff be the one that found him. Might I add this was my anniversary present of sorts considering the day it all happened was our 3rd anniversary. I loved him very much but not in the way a wife loves a husband. More like a motherly role. We were seperated at the time and had been for over a year. Our relationship was very complicated bcz as I said he was like a child to me. I made sure he was taken care of. A year prior he tried to kill his self by jumping from a overpass nd landing on the top of his head. He didnt die but instead shattered the almost entire left side of his body. So from that moment til his last I took caring for him very serious. Im sure nost could see where that would impact several aspejcts of ones life. Not to many guys ate very OK with their girl letting her husband stay with her when needed, financially would help, and basically anything else he needed I would do. Most relationships didnt last long bcz frankly Aaron came b4 any Guy. It also made lots of other things difficult. When he died it was like a piece of me was just gone. I had this huge hole and I did what I do best. I stuffed that hole as full as I could with as many opiates of any kind as was possible without killing myself. Now as I am 30 days into trying to clean up nd get my life together im also forced into dealing with this massive ever growing hole in my self that started at age 10 and has continued to grow over the years. Ive decided the reason I finally was fed up with my addiction and did as much as possible to get sober and stay that way for the first time ever was bcz that hole had gotten so big that the only way to fill it up would have been to much and I would have died. Somewhere in this brain there's some shred of myself and it thankfully was able to fight just hard enough to come thru and allow me to seek help. Now did this turn out how I planned or hoped it would? Hell no! If it had I would be writing that today marks my 1 month clean. Instead im sitting here after using everyday since a week ago Tues. Im so up in arms over the entire situation. My bi-polar is rapid cycling. Usually I cycle from manic, to normal, to depressed over a course of several days up to several weeks. Instead im cycling several times a day. Thry recently claim that I also have p.t.s.d. Now I have never been seen or treated for that yet. Not even sure what if any treatments there are. I was able to make a counciling apt today for thr 23rd and its for substance abuse and mental health. Thr best part is somehow I qualified for reduced services which means I am posed to pay my 15 copay at every visit but if I dont have the funds then they'll see me anyways. Now I kno ppl are saying why is that surprising or good. Well bcz where im from I havnt qualified for any state assistance since I married my husband a year ago. That means no medical cards, food stamps, wic, not a dam thing. No med cards makes getting any kinda treatment very hard. Specialy considering ive been red flagged at every local hospital for years now. Apparently emergency room shopping for pain pills is frowned upon lol. Owell they didn

4 comments:

  1. Stupid ass My Touch phone!! Well to anyone that might actually be reading this I appologise for the abrubt end but my phone is not liking me trying to write short novels on my blog thru this itty bitty touch screen keyboard. It took me over 30 min to get down as much as I did. So I guess this is "to be continued " until I decide to aggrivate myself and try typing up part 2 of this on my stupid phone again OR I hopefully *crossing my finger very hard* get our cable/internet reconnected on a cple days and then I can post all the posts ive typed up on word on thr laptop AND can redo this one without a clean slice thru the middle of my story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel

    Life really fuckin sucks sometimes !
    It looks like the place you're in at present is NOT GOOD!
    I'm not sure how the medical services operate over in the states but from what I've heard I don't envy you. In the UK I get methadone maintenance, counselling & a whole range of services for free & lord knows where I would be now without this help. Though 18yrs on I do sometimes ask myself whether this has really helped or just hindered my recovery.
    You said earlier on that your kids are more important than any drug......
    Take care Angel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea it sucks over here as far as health care in general but substance abuse nd mental health are on the bottom of the barrel. They claim addiction is a disease but yet they treat yu as tho its a choice nd yu chose wrong. If I had heart disease would I be looked down on for stealing, lying, selling myself, doing whatever it took to get the money to pay for the meds I needed to stay well? Hell no ppl wud pity me nd say poor poor girl its so sad nd probly raise money to get me the help I needed. Wish I could get the money raised to get me the help I needed. Nope instead im told figure it out on your own nd oh by the way if yu dont we will take your kids nd fuk yur life up even more. Sad thing is ive actually looked into moving somewhere that offers help like over there. Thanks for reading nd the advice. My girls are more important. That's why im on day 2 and im trying sum new ways to keep me on the right path this time. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 days opiate-free you say? That's 30 days better than I've managed in quite a while now...

    Do you find the bipolar has ever helped you stay clean?
    For years the h seemed to work as a potent antidepressant. I felt so bad on the days I had to rely on methadone I was in near-catatonic depression.
    Since I went manic and completely mad about 18 months ago the h doesn't seem to have the mood stabilizing effect it had for many years...

    I was just wondering if/how opiates affect your mood and whether this has helped or hindered that long winding thorny path to "Recovery"...?!?


    (ps I wanted to comment here for weeks but the internet cafe I've been using for some reason blocks me off from commenting on loads of blogger blogs, no idea why)

    ps the American healthcare system sounds so fucking unfair. I'm so glad I live in the UK!!

    ReplyDelete